Joining Branch Venture Group
Branch Venture Group members represent many aspects of the food industry and are interested to share their knowledge, connections, and expertise for the benefit of the group and member investments. We welcome new angels who are interested in food but may not have industry experience. There is a strong emphasis on education and learning for the benefit of members to make informed investment decisions.
- make private equity investments and generate superior returns through collective wisdom of the group, high-quality deal flow, and collective negotiation of deal terms;
- lower your investment risk by pooling wisdom within a broader, more diverse and experienced group;
- achieve more efficient use of your investing time by increasing the flow and number of sources of opportunities, collaborating on diligence and out-sourcing administrative tasks;
- network with accomplished and experienced business leaders and promising startups;
- give back to your community by mentoring worthy entrepreneurs and supporting economic development;
- learn about new and emerging trends in the food industry;
- invest with more anonymity than available outside of a group.
- monthly investor meetings with presentations from two to five pre-screened companies for investment consideration. After each presentation, there will be time for discussion of members’ observations and analysis.
- access to “Members Only” events
- access to all deals through Branch Venture Group's Gust profile;
- copies of presentations and materials provided at meetings;
- member discussion areas and online forums to confidentially discuss or comment on business plans, companies; and
- educational programs covering angel investing topics such as the investing climate and investing trends, emerging technologies, and practical topics such as angel term sheets, balanced investment portfolios, case studies, and due diligence.